While some discussion threads may be open to the entire public for viewing, users may need to register with membership status in order to post on certain threads. It will take only a few moments to register.
As with any forum Trade Aids invites an open discussion of topics and a sharing of information and ideas, but also asks that member stay conscientious about proper netiquette. It is appropriate to engage in debates with other members, but we ask that you also remain respectful and appropriate in the language that is used. Forum administrators and moderators will oversee discussion threads, and will alert members if there is an issue with either subject matter or presentation. This is a practice for all posts, and should not be taken as a sign of concern. This can help you to grow your professional circle and also become active in possible leadership roles and advocacy for industry standards and fairness.
- The forum is divided into main trade categories
- You can search the entire forum for a specific subject matter
- Follow specific members, topics, and even your own threads with our advanced search tools and with subscriptions options.
- Monitor your subscriptions, posts, and threads from the settings page in your account. This provides an adaptable feed for current subjects that are in industry news as well as interest that you may be following.
- Manage the members that you are following, with features like the friends and foes list, which can allow you to follow or block specific posts from specific members.
- Initial posts and comments on threads may not appear immediately, since all discussions are checked before they go live.
- Edit or delete your own posts.
- Some discussions may be locked. This is a choice that members make if they wish to initiate a private discussion thread. In these instances, specific users will be allowed into the forum, based on the protocols that the original poster sets.
- Private messaging is allowed. These exchanges between members can be modified from the setting control panel.
- Set usergroup features to join subject or action specific threads in the forum or start a usergroup by contacting an administrator for permission to set up this feature.